Obenauf's Heavy Duty Leather Preservative (LP) is the most durable protection available for leather on the face of the planet. Originally developed for the extraordinary conditions endured by wildland firefighters, LP protects, preserves, and restores furniture, boots, saddles, motorcycle leathers, fine apparel, tool pouches, gloves, baseball mitts, and more. It is especially useful for any leather that gets worked hard and is regularly exposed to severe elements.
Three different natural oils are suspended in Beeswax and Propolis. In the leather these oils gradually seep out of the Beeswax/Propolis. If exposed to heat or flexing the oils are released faster so leather gets oiled instead of parched and cracked. This Beeswax/Propolis* Suspension Formula provides a time release lubrication to inner fibers while the surface is reinforced against scuffing, and the leather still breathes. The remarkable result is Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP that:
* Repels water better and longer.
* Repels acids, petroleum, salt, and chemicals.
* Restores dried leather to a soft and supple condition and protects it from further damage.
* Prevents dry rot and resists mildew.
* Resists premature cracking in flex areas.
* Works great on Gore-Tex® footwear.
* Is odorless after applied (very important for hunters)
* Restores sun-faded leather.
* Resists scuffing and dry rot.
* Applies easily with with a clean cloth.
* Penetrates deeply into leather.
* Can be buffed to shine or polished over.
* Contains no harmful silicones, petroleums, solvents, or neatsfoot.
* Is approved for Gore-Tex® footwear.
* Propolis resists bacteria and mildew, and is a barrier against manure acid, salt, caustic chemicals, and petroleum. Combined with beeswax it repels water better and longer.